Friday, February 8, 2008

The handsomest man in my life...


...my son!

I coerced him to go for a real haircut (as versus the kind his dad gives him). He cooperated beautifully even though I know he wasn't too happy about it. Quite the contrary, he acted like a freshly groomed (and unhappy) dog and didn't speak for the next half hour. When he did, it was a surly "Will my hair grow back?"
On the topic of Grady, he's been his usual funny self lately. The other night in the van driving home from Fionna's basketball performance, he say "Daaad, you got "dammit" in my head. Dammit, dammit, dammit." After a stunned silence from Lenny and I, I said, "You do know that's a 'bad' word, right?" Grady answers with "I know, but Dad got it in my head. I had to get it out."
Again, on the topic of language (clean this time though), he stumped me the other day when he started talking about damage to his "horse field." He was playing a computer game on a kids' gaming website called funbrain.com. I asked what had happened to his horse, and he got really frustrated and went off on a verbal tangent about planets and aliens and his damaged "horse field." I had to sit down at the computer myself and play the game and finally realized that "horse field" in Grady-speak is a "FORCE field."
I love my boy. :)

No comments: