Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's valentine's day...

and no, I won't be capitalizing it. It's never been one of my good holidays (like Halloween ;) ). I had a crappy "formative" v-day when I was like 14, and it's set the tone for the "love" holiday ever since. I've traditionally worn black on this day for, well, a long time. However, the general angst and hostility that used to rage have subsided. Now, mostly, it's just a day. A day on which I bought gifts for the kiddies because they are my forever loves. Fionna got two soundtracks -- Alvin and the Chipmunks and High School Musical 2. Grady got a Pokemon game, and Ainslie received a tube of mini play-dohs. And yes, I felt justified in buying myself a mongo-big-choco-chip cookie and an Americano at Starbucks, but that's as far as I'll go in the self-pity.

Enough about that. So, our doings since the last blog... Well, we did ALL (except Lenny but all generally does mean just me and the kids) get the stomach flu. It hit us with varying degrees of strength but it wasn't fun, no matter how you look at it. We all seem well for the moment though, if you don't count Ainslie's persistent thrush. I got a new herbal tincture for that and am starting another round of Nystatin, so let's hope it finally does the trick. Fionna had Pistoleros practice yesterday and we learned that she has at least three more weeks of practice and then one (maybe more?) performance during the WAC basketball tourney. Exciting! I do have Pistoleros pictures to post but they were taken on a different camera that I don't have the cable for, so those may be awhile.

I probably have more to write, if I had a chance to think of it, but Grady says I've been in here "for hooooouuuuurs" so I must go hang with my boy. Ta!

1 comment:

noradawn said...

I noticed you were in all black yesterday, but didn't know the significance. I'm probably going to ask you for the full story sometime, if I remember. I'm just curious that way! (Of course, you don't have to tell me.)