Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Keeping busy...



It's been a full week, says I, halfway through. Over the weekend, Fionna got hooked up with a soccer team, last minute. So, I've been scrambling to get her registered, track down a uniform and all the other accoutrements. Then, last night, she had a Pistoleros performance. I don't know that I've blogged about this before. It's a basketball "ball handling" group that teaches kids some really great dribbling and general ball handling skills. They practice once a week and also have performances at local sporting events (halftimes, etc.). We've played at the park twice this week, once in bitter cold and then today in lovely golden 'shine. I voted in yesterday's Democratic caucus. It was a hoot, surrounded by fellow liberal human beings. I had a 40 minute wait in line but didn't even mind much. Grady and Ainslie behaved quite examplarily, so that was a nice plus. I also had a parent/teacher conference yesterday with Fionna's teacher. Today, Fionna participated in "Walk and Roll" to school, so we had to get her and her bike to a predesignated meeting place by 7:30 a.m. so she could bike to school with teachers and peers. She was very excited but coming off a week of illness plus the late night basketball performance, she's really tired.

For the rest of the week, we have on our agenda: a plan to play at open gym tomorrow, a visit to a friend's soccer practice in the afternoon (to prep Fionna who came to soccer late), a La Leche League meeting at my house tomorrow night, and Lily (the itty bitty puppy) has shots scheduled Friday.

The weekend holds plans for the Farmer's Market, our first Earth Scouts get-together (at our house to talk "chickens"), Fionna's first soccer game, church, soccer practice and then a bowling birthday party.

I don't know really why I felt the need to share this "laundry list" of my week's tasks but I guess it goes along with what a lot of my mental power is tied up in doing -- keeping track of what I'm supposed to do next. People often make small, "jokey" comments about the life of a stay-at-home-mom. Granted, they all differ but I would categorize mine as busy, sometimes even hectic.

Speaking of keeping busy, I'm plugging away with my herbal course. I've managed about 30 pages of human anatomy text and 12 pages of coloring in my anatomical coloring book. It amazes me that I actually retained some of this information from high school. Who knew?

(here's a link to the Master Herbalist program I'm studying, again, thanks to my mom.)

BTW, I include my own picture because dh has been teasing me that now I'm a "soccer mom." There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with soccer moms but he's getting at a certain image that definitely isn't me. So, I'm responding with my best non-conformist, non-traditional self. Plus, I'm determined to document that those wrinkles aren't always there. ;)

Peace!

1 comment:

Hanwisi said...

I don't think i really had any idea how truly busy you are. your pic is totally hott. see you with glitter on sunday. xoxoxo