Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's looking like RSV

We're sticking with the two viruses overlapping story, for now. Thus, the initial gastro-intestinal distress which has currently subsided, and now we're having breathing issues. Her oxygen saturation yesterday was in the low 80s, and she was continuing with the fever. Now, our doctor feels that her respiratory situation seems completely consistent with RSV. So, we're at home with oxygen, oral steroids, neb treatments every three hours...I think that's it. The oxygen has really helped her to rest more thoroughly and not look as completely sapped of strength.

We go back to the dr. to reevaluate things tomorrow. In the meantime, send me "keep the oxygen on" strength.

2 comments:

Shaela said...

Oh my goodness. I haven't checked in for a few days. I'm so sorry that things have been so rough!! You all are in my prayers. Keep us updated.

connorlove said...

Sweet Renee~ and I thought we were down and out! I will be sending you love and keeping you and yours close to my heart. From one recovering mama of sick little ones to another, sickness begone!