Saturday, February 2, 2008

Golden, beautiful sunshine!



I'm home from a really nice crisp-air, golden-sunshine morning at the Market. It was made even nicer when you factor in the fact that I hadn't left the house since last Sunday, due to one or more of us being ill. So, to be in the brisk air with the bright sun warming me nicely AND to be there with only Ainslie, leaving me a little more relaxed and free to socialize with MY friends -- well, it was pretty darned nice.


I came home to a house that I was able to see with fresher eyes, a house laid low by the fact that we've all been sick with some sort of flu. House cleaning is clearly in my very near future (*grumble*). But first, I wanted to take this brief second to write about my new re-dedication to studying my Master Herbalism course. My mom super-generously paid for me to study online to become a Master Herbalist. It's a 500 hundred study-hour course, and I've been a bit daunted and perplexed as to where to fit it into my life. But, being sick and seeing how I healed myself with 100% herbs and homeopathics (I'm the only one in my life willing to let me experiment on them), well, it reinvigorated my desire to study this.


So, Ainslie's napping and I'm off to study human anatomy. The housekeeping shall simply have to to wait...

2 comments:

noradawn said...

Good for you! You can experiment on me as well, as long as it doesn't taste too yucky!

Hanwisi said...

Girrrrrrl you know I'm down to talk and chat and be experimented on. Soooooooo empowering but I have to admit after 3 weeks of fighting the good fight I was down for some meds the 4th week and a mega temp. I should have stayed on the herbs longer after the s/s went away. Send me the link to your course I want to check it out. Maybe we can do it together.
I am always a student and down for learning. xoxoxo