Tuesday, May 22, 2007

For posterity's sake...

Over the years, my kids have said countless cute absurdities, in the way that all children do. Unfortunately, I'm not the organized sort to have written them down. Last week, one of those funny Grady-isms was born, so I thought I'd capture this one.

In a fairly spectacular fall from the top of a playground slide, Grady hit his forehead. He immediately began crying and screaming, and I performed the mother-dash to his side. I picked him up, cradled him in my arms, assessed the damage and said: "Oh baby, look at the size of that goose egg." Grady wailed oh so mournfully, "Mommy, I don't want a bumper egg." Ever since, he's responded to every inquiry about his now blue-green knotted head that he got a "bumper egg." Gotta love my Tator-Boy.

No comments: