Friday, July 13, 2007

Blogging...post-it note style


I've come to a realization. My life, rife with three children and the distractions that are born thereof, is not going to let me write in the especially verbiose fashion that I'm prone to. The yards and yards of copy that I string together in my head are almost never going to make it to paper or keyboard. So, in favor of managing to record our goings-on in even a minor way, I'm going to adopt "post-it note" writing. Short, short, short.


OK, I've had like half a dozen interuptions, let's see if I can hold a train of thought together for a mini update...We're in the thick of summer and all the accompanying goodness. The kids finished up two weeks of swimming lessons last week which were a total success. I'm so thankful for the teacher we've found. Fionna polished up her swimming and commenced diving. Her teacher says she shows natural ability. I, frankly, was just scared spitless when she started doing it, lol. Grady, who was in a "mommy and me" class minus his mommy (because I was sitting another child and a friend in the water was minding Grady, learned to swim pretty much on his own. I mean, he was taught but it wasn't initiated that he begin swimming. The idea of the class was for him to have fun and develop a good comfort level in the water. But he's swimming underwater and coming up for air and then ducking back under and swimming more. They both officially swim better than I do now. Ainslie and I had some water time too, and she really had fun. Which is good, given that their joint b-day party is a swimming party. I wanted a party that would meet the needs and fun requirements for all three, and it looks like the pool party is it.


In "me" news, my dreadlocks are coming along. Actually, they are part of the reason I don't have more free time. The child-free time I do have (at night when they're asleep) is now mostly spent doing root maintenance and hand rolling. And that's not a complaint at all; I enjoy it and am still loving how they've look. My resident dread "expert" has happily pronounced that they are dreading so I'm very pleased. We're at about the 6 week point now. I don't have current picture but will attempt for some soon.


Ok, I'm gonna call it quits. In the course of this writing, Ainslie has crawled from the computer area to the child-sized picnic table maybe 15 times. She then commences to crawl on top of the table and down the other side. Impressive to her, terrifying to Fionna (little mother) and distracting to me...Oh wait...genius has struck the little mother (Fionna), she corralled Ainslie (and Grady) in boxes. Now why didn't I think of that. ;)

1 comment:

noradawn said...

Yay! This reader is excited about the idea of enjoying your post-its when you have the time to make them happen! Love the pic.