Sunday, July 15, 2007

Ahhhhh...

It's been a good weekend. The kind where Sunday evening rolls around, you mentally recap and can let a satisfied "Ahhh" escape your lips. Saturday morning commenced with a lovely rain shower and thunder storm. We "slept in" to the enormously late hour of 8 a.m.

After a laid back morning at home and an easy lunch, I headed to a "beauty herbal" class. This consisted of a class taught by my favorite and beloved midwives on how to pamper yourself with natural facials derived from food and herbal ingredients easily found around the home. I lavished myself with a cucumber/almond/buttermilk scrub, an egg white/honey/lemon mask, a tea tree/lavender steam, a lemon and rosewater toner and, finally avocado as a moisturizer. To top it off, for about half of the class I only had Ainslie to tend as the older two got to stay home with their dad for a bit (he dropped them off about mid-way though the class as he had a call to go on). So it really felt like fun, pampered, girlie time to me.

I followed up this treat with another one, shopping at the local bead shop for beads and trinkets to dress up my dreadlocks. And then, the kids and I rounded out our day at a birthday party attended by almost all our favorite friends. AND I got to drink a margarita, lol. :)

Sunday was a great day as well although certainly a bit less busy. Breakfast with the family, a home visit with a new mom (as a La Leche League leader) and then my dreadlock guru came over and gifted me with a totally fabulous hair wrap incorporating my new beads and a nifty little goddess charm I picked up. She rebraided my one braid too, so my hair is looking better than ever (if I do say so myself, lol. After all, Tawnya gets the credit).

All in all, a very nice weekend. :) Next weekend is going to be a big one. The long-awaited (by my kids at least) triplicate birthday pool party.

No comments: