Friday, April 4, 2008

What the C.L.U.C.K.?

(*hehehe* I've been dying to say that...) Okay, now that I've got that off my chest, what am I talking about, you ask? Well, C.L.U.C.K. is the brain-child of my chicken-loving (and acronym-excelling) friend Nora. It stands for "Citizens Legalizing Urban Chicken Keeping," and it is a group borne of the fact that our city statutes do not currently allow chickens to legally be kept within city limits. However, the other two largest cities of our state do, as well as many other progressive cities around the country. Armed with that information, Nora set about studying existing city codes and legislation and has developed a sample piece of legislation to put before our city council. Tomorrow is one of the first C.L.U.C.K. events. We'll be at the Farmer's Market and will be available to discuss urban chicken-keeping and the proposed legislation for our city as well as to offer the opportunity to sign a petition in support of C.L.U.C.K.'s endeavors. Please, stop by and see us. We'll be outside the entrance to "the" book store...

3 comments:

connorlove said...

You and Nora rock! I would totally have stopped by your C.L.U.C.K. table at the farmers market!
xoxo

noradawn said...

Whitey is a rock star!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.