Sunday, May 11, 2008

Catching up...what went down at C.L.U.C.K.

I do this periodically, lose the time to blog and then it begins to snowball. Soon, it feels like too much has passed and how can I possibly relate it all? Then I begin procrastinating, even when I do have the time to blog.

As before, I guess I just have to dive back in. I know there's no chance I'll be able to write about, or even remember, what has come and gone in my month-plus of silence, but what can you do. Time doesn't stop, even for busy blogging mamas...

I last wrote about C.L.U.C.K. at the Farmer's Market, and it truly was both a successful and very fun day. We garnered many signatures and support and met lots of very fun folks. Fionna was in heaven as we decided to take Whitey, our friendliest hen, along, and they were showered with lots of positive attention. Fionna is very much in her element when she's at the center of lots of positive attention. Whitey, the valiant chicken that she is, was taken in and out of her crate, petted by a myriad of admirers and fed copious amounts of kettle corn (that lucky hen!). An extremely kindly woman even approached me and said that she would very much like her own daughter to have a chance to sketch Fionna (she was doing sketches for a fee that morning at the Market), and if I was agreeable, she'd give me the money to have Fionna's sketch done with Whitey. Of course, I was agreeable :), so Fionna sat to have her sketch done. She was so proud, and Whitey was so funny. She dozed in Fionna's arms, in the sun, even drooling at one point. Chickens drool; who knew?

My camera battery went dead, just when I needed it. But Nora came to my rescue and captured these images. I also will include a photo of the sketch.









1 comment:

Shaela said...

Cute sketch of Fionna.