Saturday, September 20, 2008

After a long absence...

It appears that there's nothing like a proud mama moment (and photo opp) to bring me back to the blog-sphere. Why have I been gone? I don't know, at least, not in a way that I can sum up briefly. We had an event-filled summer and rolled with the punches pretty good but, looking back, I see that I didn't have a lot of mental energy to devote to the extras, like my blog.


And so, the proud mama moment? Grady is playing on a soccer team and having great fun. It appears that he's a little natural, at least just in the sense that he truly enjoys the competitive nature and gets the basic tenets of the game. (All it takes is for the other team to get the ball and he turns around and tears back to the goal. Gotta play defense!)


Enough said, let the pictures roll... :)











Grady's number is #1 (he got to pick), and his team is the Nighthawks. He scored one goal last week and three goals this week. It's been a lot of fun for our family. You may wonder about Fionna...She chose not to play soccer this year. I thought actually being at the game might make her yearn for it a bit but it hasn't at all. She enjoys doing flips and cartwheels with friends on the side and being Ainslie's preferred go-to person. So, it has worked out well. :)

1 comment:

noradawn said...

Go Grady!!! We'll have to come to one of his games.