Friday, March 28, 2008

A Mother's Miscellany...or...What my kids get up to...



Ainslie on Easter. Since we definitely don't do easter in a traditional sense, we didn't dress in a traditional easter get-up either. Note Ainslie's "already smarter than Bush" shirt. It's my new favorite thing to put her in (thanks, Nora!).



This picture just makes me happy. Fionna has developed a habit of "going over the wall" when we get home, instead of going in the front door. The other day, she didn't materialize promptly at the back door like usual. When I went in search of her, I found her and her new Junie B. Jones book (courtesy of the Easter Bunny). She said she was climbing over and then "forgot to climb anymore."



This shot is here because it speaks to several of Ainslie's oddities lately. She's become a very eclectic dresser. Note, she's wearing not one but two pairs of Grady's underwear (over a diaper, of course, that's Grady's one stipulation for lending of undies). Also, she's sporting a tattoo on her tummy. It's more typically a bellyful of stickers but always some sort of belly art. And, again, the importance of two -- she has two water bottles. She sleeps with these, one in the crook of each arm.



It was a lovely Spring day here yesterday. Ainslie was eschewing her nap (I'm trying to pretty up what I typically state as "skipping the blankety-blank nap"), so I pruned my rose bushes, and the kids caught some rays. Not to mention, Ainslie had her first ice cream bar. She ate every bite (and required a bath afterward).



Dish-washing gone wrong. One minute, she's sitting, completely clothed, and handing me dishes as calmly as can be. Turn my back, she's in the bloomin' sink! Note the highly self-satisfied smile and just a peek of Grady's incredulity in the bottom left corner.

1 comment:

noradawn said...

I love everything about this entry! Each little story is a true gem.