Tuesday, June 10, 2008

More summer fun...shucking corn & "dog days"


The "chaste" tree in our front yard is looking lovely, and the kids were relatively clean and well dressed, so I thought I'd capitalize on the moment and snap a nice shot. They marred it a bit by insisting on garden gloves (why, I do not know) but they're sweet nonetheless.



I know, the dog days of summer are nowhere near here but that's all that goes through my head when I see this shot. The kids insisted I lift Lily into the hammock. We were all mightily surprised when 13 y.o. Munch managed the leap up there on his own.



Ainslie helped shuck corn for the first time. She loved it, of course, although I'm not sure if she was as happy as the chickens who were on the receiving end of the husks. :)

3 comments:

noradawn said...

Chickens eat corn husks? Who knew! Yet another reason why everyone should have them!

MamaWestWind said...

Your hammock looks like a wonderfully comfy space! I love the pic of all the kids, quirky, cute!

Shaela said...

yum! One of my favorite summer foods is fresh corn on the cob. I can tell you are all enjoying summer. See you sometime in August!